Thursday, May 6, 2010

Inspire Me With Mother's Day Tributes

Mother's Day stirs many different memories, thoughts and emotions and it seems only fitting to pay tribute to some inspiring women, on "Inspire Me".

I said, "My mum has taught me, who you are as a person is more important than what you do because the kind of person you are filters through everything you do. Mum once cut my fringe so crooked she had to keep trimming it to even it up. It ended up being so short I never let her do it again. My mum still makes the best apple shortcake and she makes it everytime we go home to visit. I admire her because she gives me room to make mistakes in parenting but is always available when I need her near. I whole-heartedly wish I could see her more than once a year. (No, she's not in prison, she lives in another country!)"

"My mum is pretty amazing, leaving her friends, life, family and work on the otherside of the world to give me better opportunities in life. I will always be appreciative of that. At 58 my mum decided she wanted a new career, studied IT and web and at 61 is now working in a dynamic web team updating websites, coding, negotiating with clients and being all round awesome. I'm so proud of my mum and love her dearly." Lauren, Brisbane.

Now that I'm a Mother I appreciate so much more what my Mother did for me. So much was taken for granted at the time. Now I apprciate all the times she sacrificed her time and energy or the chance of a quite cuppa to help me with something. I hope I can develop many of her wonderful qualities of Motherhood and make a wicked raspberry jam as well. The special memories last a lifetime. Helen, Darwin NT (My big Sis.)


I'll keep posting your tributes as you send them through so keep checking back.
enquiries@philippavette.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment