Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Seduced by Square Footage

"We need a bigger house," I muttered through clenched teeth as I tripped over the office chair rammed into the corner of the room as I clambered over boxes, products and samples, in a desperate attempt to get to the door.

This house we live in was great when there were four of us but now that there are five (one is a teenager - another is a toddler) and a new business, I'm feeling the pinch. Funny thing is, I'd had a bit of a twinge to drive down one of my favourite streets in the neighbourhood, for some time now but today I decided to drive a different route for school pick up... just for a look. And what did I find? Not one but two houses for sale.

Last time I had that twinge I drove down the street we live in now (8 years ago) and found our house. So now I'm starting to wonder. A quick look on the internet and I was almost packing. Six bedrooms, three-car garage (who really cares about the garage?) park at the end of the quiet street, ensuite to master bedroom, (I've been sharing my 'cosmetic counter' with three males and I have no 'girl' space of my own. Did I mention they always want to use the bathroom when I'm styling my hair or putting on make up? Absolutely no forward thinking! Sorry I had to vent.)

The bigger of the two houses had space, space and more space. I bet if I went upstairs and the kids where downstairs, I could almost think I was on holiday somewhere by myself. That is a fantasy I could re-live again and again. If my husband brought me a drink with an umbrella, he could be the cabana boy!


Sadly, we're not ready to move. We're just about to rennovate the kitchen and I suppose if I rearranged a few things I mightn't keep tripping over my office chair. Oh but just imagine... open home this Saturday. It wouldn't hurt to take a look, would it?

copyright 2010 Philippa Vette

No comments:

Post a Comment