Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Finding Your Rainbow

After a week that can only be described as frantic and messy, dodging traffic and skipping between rain clouds, my rainbow finally appeared - in fact I got two!

I'm starting up my business as an inspirational writer and we all know in varying degrees that when we start something important, it's a massive undertaking, piecing it all together with a million decisions, each with the potential to lead us in so many different directions. But what I wasn't quite ready for was HOW much work really goes in to setting up a business to get things how you imagine them to be in your head.


HUGE REALITY CHECK.

So when I finally got to see the T-shirts samples at the end of the week and they weren't what I wanted, I felt like scrapping the whole idea. (Did I mention I need them by this Friday - Ladies Market Night, Mansfield State School 7pm?)

But Saturday rolled around and with it appeared my rainbows. Invited to a High Tea at WB's (Walking Buddy's) house, I finally got to meet WB's friend Keren who inspired me to pull out all the stops and keep gunning for my dream. Awesome, bubbly lady, beautiful products. (http://www.thebrowntradingco.com.au/)

That was rainbow numero uno.


Number two appeared when my buddy, Lil Lauren met with me (after High Tea) to discuss my website. She came up with a simple, clean layout and this morning, like magic, I found a copy in my Inbox. I love it but when did she find time to do that?!


So, when you feel like your feet are dragging through the mud - lookup, find your rainbow and just keep going...


The best is yet to come!


copyright 2010 Philippa Vette

No comments:

Post a Comment