Monday, August 30, 2010

Win Win Situation

I've decided to blog more regularly with shorter blogs, you know, tasty morsels of inspiration on tap for when you need it most. I value your comments and feedback. So here we go...

WIN - to secure a result or be victorious.

Driving home tonight, I saw a beautiful thing. There, resting high in the night sky were a set of numbers up on a board, illuminated like a beacon of hope for all opportunistic motorists: 105.9 cents per litre. You little beauty! And it was only Monday. Usually discount fuel day is Tuesday but then I noticed ripper prices on a Wednesday, then the occasional Friday and now Monday. Someone's playing a game here, don't you think? I cruised into pump 2, filled the tank and sasheyed inside to pay. I sashey since I started Zumba. Walking is so yesterday.
"Love the price," I said, to the cashier/manager with a Cheshire cat grin.

"Yep," he replied. "Can't please everyone though. People get grumpy and complain about others cutting in." He looked perplexed. I couldn't help but smile on the inside as I remembered the Granny cutting in on me (see Showdown @ Pump 3). Once again there were so many things I could say, in fact I had a whole story and sub-story I could have unravelled in a detailed and yet highly entertaining fashion but the queue behind me was growing so I just smiled and said, "Really?" And shook my head as if in disbelief. Cheap fuel and letting go of a misdemeanor for the second time... that's a win-win situation.


To be able to live your life to the full you absolutely must be willing to leave the past behind. All the 'what might have been's" need to be laid to rest. You can't go back and change anything but you can make the most today, so tomorrow is more of what you want it to be. You decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment